November 14, 2007
Time Is Still Money For T.I.



Despite T.I.'s current house arrest status, he's somehow managed to remain upbeat and productive. So much in fact, that he's already completed six new studio tracks inside his Jonesboro mansion. The songs will be featured on his new album, entitled Paper Trail, due to release in September 2008. The album title derived from the rapper writing down all his new lyrics, something he hadn't done since the I'm serious debut back in 2001. His rep says, "He wanted to take more time to really put something down [this time]," according to Entertainment Weekly. Quite frankly, this may be the exact change he needs. Coming from avid fans of T.I.'s music, we were a little disappointed with his latest release, T.I. vs. T.I.P. We like old-school T.I., who rhymed with a New York swagger but still dragged his words just enough to miss the last syllable. Whereas now, I can barely catch a word at all with him rapping so fast! Let's just say, we're looking forward to the new material. As always, we'll keep you posted if anything leaks.

In relative news, T.I.'s on again-off again girlfriend, Tameka "Tiny" Cottle is allegedly back in the studio as well. Word is, there's some new songs on her myspace page, one in particular called "Lately," in which T.I. is featured. They ought to make over Tupac's Bonnie & Clyde track... Bey & Jay have nothing on them! LOL.

via hollywoodinsider.ew.com & missinfo.tv

Labels: ,